Association viennAvant

ViennAvant is a multidisciplinary working group, which was initiated by Walter Rohn and Helga Köcher on 28 June 2005 at the Institut für Stadt- und Regionalforschung der OEAW [Institute of Urban and Regional Studies of the Austrian Academy of Sciences] and is dedicated to modular research on and analysis of the Viennese avant-gardes between 1945 and 1975. The modules were defined in a memorandum drawn up together between 1/2006 and 6/2006 as follows:
– Series of interviews
– Symposium and a volume to document the Symposium
– Research projects
– Exhibition + catalogue
– Data bank

At a meeting held on 20 April 2006 the name viennAvant was adopted. On 18 December 2006 viennAvant constituted itself as an association, whose purpose is research on the Viennese avant-gardes, and gave itself rules of procedure on 26 April 2007. The rules of procedure were changed at the board meeting on 28 May 2009 to accommodate the expansion of viennAvant’s remit beyond the Viennese context.

Board

The Board of viennAvant currently consists of the following persons:
President:
Doz. Dr. Klaus Kastberger, Franz Nabl-Institute / Karl-Franzens-University Graz, House of Literature, Graz
Deputy President:
Dr. Elisabeth Großegger, Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften/ Institut für Kulturwissenschaften und Theatergeschichte
Secretary:
Helga Köcher, Project management, Social Arts
Deputy secretary:
Rudolf Kohoutek, urban researcher
Treasurer:
Johanna Wagner
Deputy Treasurer:
Univ. Ass. Dr. Johanna Schwanberg, Katholische Privatuniversität Linz, Institut für Kunstgeschichte

The establishment of an international board is currently going ahead.

viennAvant – Verein zur Erforschung der Wiener Avantgarden

Postal address:
1040 Wien, Operngasse 20A,
z.Hd. Helga Köcher
E-Mail: helga.koecher@chello.at
Tel.: (+43 1) 586 23 45

ZVR-Zahl 206054114
Bank details:
SPARDA-Bank, BIC 14 900, Account # 22010039642
“ViennAvant – Verein zur Erforschung der Wiener Avantgarden”
IBAN: AT331490022010039642 BIC: SPADATW1

Supported by the Cultural Department of the City of Vienna